Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Unscheduled Silence and Life Updates

I do apologize for not writing anything since the release of Michael Cargill's interview, but things have been rather hectic lately and I've not had time to sit down and breath much less formulate any form of coherent reviews.  I need to get Code Name Verity done, and I need to get Beneath the Shadows done as well as they were both supposed to go live this week.  I've not forgotten you all, I've just been kind of swamped with work and fighting to get home on 3 buses every afternoon and it's been raining all week here.

I've also been working on my own little writing project, for CampNaNoWriMo, and I've been trying to catch up on my word count, because as of today, Day 6, I should have reached the 10k mark, however, I'm not even half way to the 2k mark and that is something that needs to be remedied, so I will continue to at least try and get one theme and a few interviews done during the week, a lot of my time will be devoted to my current writing project, and if EVERYTHING goes well, and I manage to survive June, I will be writing another novel in August, and then a third in November...yes I am absolutely starkers for attempting 3 months of National Novel Writing Month events, this has already been confirmed and I am not denying it.  Masochistic tendencies for the win apparently.

My 3 book series is called Songs of the Aether, and book one is titled A Tinker's Tune.  It shall be epically awesome! Here is a teeny, tiny sample of it:

This time, it was Toni that moved first, quickly starting and putting things together, and repacking them in the cases she had for them, since the lab was completely portable to begin with.  Sliding her hands through her hair, she then turned to her current tinkering, she had every intention of leaving it for them to try and claim as their own, but they did not know that she’d already had it claimed in legalities.  She quickly set about the sabotaging she had begun formulating the moment Nathan stepped out of the lab. 
“What are you doing Toni?”  Cassi’s voice caught her attention and she almost dropped the vial she held in her hand.
“Emergency measures that I’d taken some time ago that would immediately begin to degrade any tinkering that I have going at the time of termination, especially one like this one that has many uses for good or ill.”

Tonia Brock is a Doctor, aged twenty, and an experienced tinkerer.  Cassi is her mentor and I'm not sure exactly what else she is to Toni just yet, but I'm sure it will come to light sooner or later.

That's all I have for you at the moment.  I'll have something set up for the weekend, I promise.

Lots of love,

Cae

No comments:

Post a Comment