Sunday, June 10, 2012

Series Sunday: We Love Them

Series.  Everyone loves a good one, as much as we love a good stand alone novel.  There are so many that have stood the test of time, been turned into major motion pictures, and some that have fallen into obscurity.  I have my favorites, and I'm sure that everyone out there has their own personal favorites.  These are the books that we fall back on time and time again when we need to find something for "comfort" reading or simply to revisit the worlds that we have fallen in love with.

I have fallen in love with The Witches of Eileanan series by Kate Forsyth.  I was originally turned on to this series a couple of years ago by a good friend and I now own all six books of the series, simply because I borrowed the first one from her!

One of the other series that I'd been given as a gift was the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  I was initially given book four, Drums of Autumn for my sixteenth birthday by my aunt.  I loved it, it's got elements that I absolutely love in a good story: romance, time travel and historical events.  
There are also so many urban fantasy, vampire, werewolf and classic series that I love, and there are some that I just never started reading (please do not throw stones, I will eventually get into them at some point). What got me on a series kick for today, I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it may have something to do with one of the past episodes of Laser and Sword where they had been talking about series and the time between books, since the last book in the Wheel of Time series is due to come out in the next year or so.  That would be one of the series that I never actually started reading, but I know some who have gotten into it and loved it all the way through, and there are some like Veronica from Laser and Sword who stopped at book four.  

Urban Fantasy series that are my favorites are the Alpha and Omega series and the Mercedes Thompson series both by Patricia Briggs.  I've also fallen in love with the Iron Fae series by Julie Kagawa.  Some of the classic series that I love are Tolkins Lord of the Rings series, and I even loved the movies.  I also love some of the more popular trilogies and series such as Fifty Shades, The Hunger Games, Wings, and Artemis Fowl.

What are some of your favorite series?

No comments:

Post a Comment