Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review: Resurrection by A.M. Hargrove


Title: Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon #2)
Author: A.M. Hargrove
Rating:  5/5

Summary:   Earth is being threatened by an alien species, threatening to destroy the planet for its resources.  Also, there has been someone trying to bring the Yarrister family to ruin.  Will they be discredited or will they uncover the plot?  More importantly will Earth be saved?


Review:   This is the second book in this series and I fell in love all over again with these characters.  The progression was something that I loved and the way that the characters came together.  The flow was very natural and organic.  Resurrection picked up right where the first book, Survival, left off.  Maddie needed help, she was seriously injured and the only way to help was to again break all the rules and bring her to Vesturon to be healed.
A.M. Hargrove’s skill at world building is something I absolutely adore, because we get to see more of Vesturon, Rayn’s home. The descriptiveness of the world makes me want to be able to go there and experience the richness of the world myself.  It is such a wonderful place and the overall descriptiveness of the book is something that I enjoyed.
I loved the fact that the character growth continued through this book, and everyone that I loved came back in this book to continue to grow through the different struggles and learn more about themselves.  Also, I adored the fact that the relationship between Maddie and Rayn was not rushed, but allowed to grow naturally and that you could actually feel the connection between them. 
Definitely enough action to keep you entertained and most definitely going to leave you wanting more!

If you have any questions, comments or recommendations you can contact me at simplicity.kindreth@gmail.com
My reviews can be found here:
http://www.caedyslibrary.blogspot.com
http://www.tumblr.com/caedy
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/caesreviews

No comments:

Post a Comment