Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Tuesday Thoughts: Random Stream of My Day


As I sit here, about the halfway point through my day, working on this post, I find myself wondering why I do what I do.  Why do I put so much work on my shoulders?  Keeping up a social media presence, writing in the community that I do, vlogging and filming videos (which I am not all that good at) and even keeping up this blog and various other things involved with that - plus my day job.  


That is how I've felt more often than not.  That everything is too much and those are most often the times when I go the quietest - maybe one post a month if I can manage that at all.  So far, this month has been pretty good and I've managed to keep up with everything, but I know that won't always be the case and it is those months, those times that I need to prepare for, because I can never know when they are going to hit and I'll not feel like doing anything.  Hell, I've already missed about 3-4 posts this month because of a whole lot of other reasons.  I need to find that motivation to push myself to actually sit down and write a blog post, write a review, or film that video for my youtube channel, or actually make that vlog.  Hell, I'm still sitting on a vlog from sometime last week that I still need to edit and upload to my channel.  

I am hoping to edit the vlog now that the renovations are done for today, I am hoping that close to the time I get home from work tomorrow this crap is done until further notice and I can actually relax because otherwise, I am not going to be happy.   Much like Dean up in that middle gif I will probably feel way too overwhelmed and tell someone to die in a fire. Yeah, because I've got little to no patience for this anymore, not with the landlord making changes at the last minute. 

So, while dinner is working I am listening to some Bob Marley and attempting to get back into a headspace where I can use the rest of my evening productively.  I might even consider going for a walk/run and eating dinner after - but I need to feed everyone else first.  Or I might just do some little bits of yoga before I go to bed and call it a night.  It's been a hell of a day, and I have a headache that the meds are not really touching due to the hammering happening literally right on the other side of the wall my desk is against.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this blog post up and go check on dinner and figure out what the hell I'm going to do for the rest of my evening.  Probably some House of Cards on Netflix and getting a few reviews prepped to go up this week, as well as editing that vlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment