Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Chaos Thy Name is Renovation


No, seriously, the above gif is literally how I have felt for the past two weeks.  My landlord and the handyman have been here off and on throughout the last two weeks working on a couple of renovation projects in the house.  Yeah, couple.  Simultaneously.  2 bathrooms, both getting new toilets, one getting new flooring, new light fixture, and hopefully that will be the end of it until the landlord decides to come back and finish painting the hallway, change the lightbulb in the hallway, and then later this summer work on the bedrooms one at a time to rip up the carpet, replace the flooring and paint the walls.  Oh yeah, I'm seriously looking forward to all of that in the middle of a Florida summer!  NOT.

Beyond that, that's why I've been quiet for the last few weekends because that's when they've been coming in to do most of the work and I honestly spend most of the time curled up in my room with headphones on and music blaring and my nose in a book. 

My current read has been flipping through The Collected Poems of Audre Lorde which I devoured in about one sitting.  I'm attempting to mark some of my favorites before it has to go back to the library, and this is definitely a book that I need to add to my own personal collection because her work is absolutely fantastic.  I've also recently finished Warriors 1 which is an anthology edited by George R.R. Martin as well as The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen.  I will have reviews of those coming, I've also recently read another collection of poetry that I'm greatly in love with, The Princess Saves Herself in this One, by Amanda Lovelace, which I got through Netgalley.  

I also have 2 books from Netgalley that I will be getting to within the next week or so because I want to get the reviews up and ready before their publication dates.  Which reminds me, I need to update my information with Netgalley.  I also have several books out from the library that I need to get to both physical and digital so there will be lots and lots of reading happening! 

Here is the current list of books that I will be plowing my way through within the next 3-4 weeks (in no particular order): 

1. Blood Vow - J.R. Ward
2. Commonwealth - Anne Patchett
3. The Kept Woman - Karin Slaughter
4. Small Great Things - Jodi Picoult
5. In Other Words - Jhumpa Lahiri
6. A Spy in the House - Y. S. Lee
7. The Declaration - Gemma Malley
8. The Bone Witch - Rin Chupeco
9. The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett - Chelsea Sedoti
10. The Wicked + The Divine: The Faust Act 
11. The Wicked + The Divine: Fandemonium
12. Tokyo Ghoul: Vol 1
13. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

Only a handful of these are digital books, the rest are physical copies.  I'm looking forward to pretty much all of them (I've read To Kill a Mockingbird before, it's been awhile, though).  I also have a few reviews that I'm in the process of working on, and hopefully, will have lots more posted for you this week.

Time to get busy! 

-Caedy

No comments:

Post a Comment