Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Reflections: The Search for Positivity

This past week has put a lot of things in perspective, including the fact that I am someone who seriously needs to start focusing on the positive things in my life.  I need to be more grateful, more thankful, and more concerned with making myself happy and keeping myself that way.  I need to start cutting out the negativity and negative influences and people in my life, cutting out the toxic and start focusing on surrounding myself with people who want to see me grow, see me flourish and strive to leave a more positive impact on the world. 

Last week was rough all around, and in all honesty, I know not every day can be filled with rainbows and unicorns, but that doesn't mean that I can't find something positive that happens each and every day.  I have mentioned before in a previous post that I spend time every day considering the entries that go into my gratitude log each day for every month.  That is a big, big part of my evening routine.  I am thinking of maybe adding a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) tracker to my bullet journal each week and maybe do at least 3 RAKs a week - that don't usually cost too much money.  I will have to think about what I could add to the trackers, maybe keep some of them the same and change out a few ideas.  What ideas do you have to add to a RAK list? 

I spent most of today just zoning out and allowing my body to reboot from the absolute chaos that I've been dealing with.  Even this evening, I know there are things I should be doing, however, they are not important to bringing some peace to my cluttered mental state at the moment.  I am thinking, however, that I will be changing my bedsheets before I go to bed - something fresh for me to curl upon.  Or maybe I will change them tomorrow since I think it has been a couple of weeks since I put the sage ones on.  

Anyway, I do have a new vlog up on my youtube channel - it is from last Wednesday, something short.  I still have the one from Friday to edit and that one will hopefully *fingers crossed* go up on Tuesday because I'm going to sit and edit it tomorrow after work.  

I think that might be all I have for you today without getting into too much personal crap that is really not suitable for the blog or the vlog.  So, I'm going to toss my headphones on with some meditation sounds and go do a little bit of meditation.  Have a fantastic day and I'll see you for Tuesday's post! 

-Caedy

No comments:

Post a Comment