Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017!


Normally this post would be already pre-written, fashioned to perfection the night before on New Year's Eve, or even a couple of days in advance.  However, this year, I've chosen to do this post on the first day of the year and write it as the thoughts come to me.  

I am glad that 2016 has gone, and that a new set of 365 days are unfolding before us.  I am grateful for the days that have passed, the fact that I survived what the previous year has thrown at me.  I will survive and move forward in this year.  I have ambitious goals for this year, and I am hoping to cross things off my bucket list that have been there for quite some time. 

I have chosen my word of the year and that is productivity.  I intend to be more productive, more active, more creative, more accomplished in the coming year.  Bullet journaling has proven to be a resourceful thing in my life, ensuring that I have a creative outlet, as well as providing me with a visual look at the things that I need to get done during the day, week, month, year.  I am thankful for the discovery of this system and I highly encourage you to check it out if you think it might be something for you. 

As you can see on the sidebar, the weekly schedule has changed and I am working on providing new and unique content for you guys! I will be keeping up with the reviews, and trying to get at least 4-6 reviews out weekly along with the regular blog posts - including random posts when the mood strikes me on any given day (that's what mobile posting is for!).  


Oh, and nothing like starting the year off with strep throat.  Yeah, that's been me, so there was no overindulging last night, no excessive amounts of booze, and to be honest, I was nyquilled up and in bed before Mariah Carey's fail and the ball drop.  Usually I am able to stay up, but this year being sick has taken it's toll on me and I just wanted my bed, my stuffed pooh bear bumble bee, and my blankets.  



I've already got my first few books of the year outlined, and am not sure which one I'm going to start first.  I'm eyeing The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin first because that one's been on my TBR for a little while now.  However, I'm also considering The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski or The Circle by David Eggers - which I want to read before I can see the movie. 

Oh, and if you check the where to find me, you might find a new link.  Yes, I am brushing off my youtube channel and actually getting the courage up to start filming videos for my channel.  We will see how long my confidence lasts, and I know, the quality will not be the best for now, but I will work on getting a better camera and working on the quality of the videos the more invested I become with filming them. 

I think that is all I have for right now, there might be another post later!  For now, I wish you all the love and blessings that this year could possibly hold!  

Namaste, 
Caedy

No comments:

Post a Comment