Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thankful Thursday:Gratitude



For the past few months that I've been using my Bullet Journal, I have been allowing myself to reflect on things that I am thankful for.  Each month I build a Gratitude log into my monthly pages.  Spending time each day, reflecting on the things that I am most grateful for.  

Gratitude
The state of being grateful

There are days when finding something I am grateful for is trickier than others - and it's those days that I am most thankful for having a roof over my head, food to eat, and a warm bed to curl up in at night.  There are other times when what I'm grateful for might be something silly or trivial but has played some larger part in allowing me to make it through the day - such as the shot of vodka that enriched my lemonade last night or something along those lines.  

I usually attempt to fill in my gratitude log at about the same time daily, usually about the time I reflect on the bible verse that is listed as the verse of the day on my bible app.  I take time to reflect on the verse, and then I turn to my gratitude log and think about the things that I am thankful for.  This also gives me a chance to go over my day and figure out what I've done on my to-do list as well as plan out some of my tasks for the next day.  

That is how I've ended my day pretty much every day for the past 6 months (with the exception of a small handful where I was sick, or ended up not truly having the focus to deal with anything because of various factors).  However, those days that I've missed, I've always used time the following day to reflect and fill out the previous day to ensure that my log is always as complete as I can make it.  Many of the days might have more than one thing on it, other days might have only one thing, it all depends on what items stand out to me the most that require a specific marking on my gratitude log. 

On that note, I'm going to end this post and fill out my gratitude log for today and begin my evening routine.  

Have a wonderful rest of your day and a fantastic Friday! 

-Caedy

No comments:

Post a Comment