Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Article Menu


Not only do I read books, subscribe to several book blogs, booklrs, email book subscription services for ebooks, and a variety of other things...but I also read articles about books and cultural significance of some books.  So on Mondays, I am thinking of sharing some of my favorite articles, or those that have impacted me the most over the weekend and the previous week.

This article/book list was found via BookRiot, and this is by far one of my favorite go-tos for book recommendations and articles that tend to make you think.  This particular list deals with a media hot topic as of late, 'rape culture' and not many know what it is, what it is about, and why it is important that we begin changing it.  Yes, there are books that can help you better understand rape culture, and why it is something that needs to change.


Okay, I'm not getting into the debate over e-books versus physical books, but I did find this particular article published on .Mic actually quite informative.  For those that know me, you know that I read both formats religiously.  I've got nerve damage and often that makes holding a physical book (no matter the size) difficult, thus I turn to my Kindle.  I also, used to spend upwards of 6 hours on public transportation and carrying around enough physical books to pass that time was pretty much impossible (or rather very heavy).  This particular article shows some of the benefits of reading physical books over e-books. 


I absolutely love reading books with a fantastic female lead, and this list, which happens to be included in another BookRiot posting is pretty good. I've read 1 book on this list and I am definitely going to add the others to my ever growing TBR pile! This list is a set of fantastic feminist books for young adults, and I absolutely love the writer of this particular article, I highly recommend you check it out! 


Those are just a few of the articles that I'd read this past week that are book related and I thought I'd share with you,  Do you have any articles to share?  Send them my way and I will feature them next Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment