Saturday, July 25, 2015

Apologies for the quiet week


That gif right there pretty much sums up the last week.  My patience has been thin, despite the fact that I had a FANTASTIC get away with my best friend to St. Augustine for three whole days.  I took TONS of pictures and I might share a few with you later in this blog.  So, that is one of the reasons that there has been absolutely nothing for the last week and change.  It also doesn't help that I work a horrible job, that I am really, really trying to get out of/make the best of while I'm there...and coupled with the hideous, face melting Florida heat I've had the productivity of a snail.  About the only thing I've had the energy to do (up until today) is be horribly lazy, nap, and read with my roommate's daughter.

I do have this month's review coming up for next week, yes, I already have that started.  I'm also working on figuring out this week's book of the month as well as next week's book of the week! I've got a couple other good things in the works and unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be finishing July's Book Photo challenge, but perhaps I will pick one up next month we will see what happens! Either way...I've a few reviews that I'm working on as well as a couple other things as well as those wonderful blog posts you look forward to each week!

Apparently my friends have realized that when they are going through their personal libraries and are considering getting rid of books...I am apparently the best place to relocate those books (now if someone would donate a bookshelf or three....that would be kind a helpful too).  I got a box of books from one of my friends yesterday, and today I'd spent the day being productive.  I cleaned off some modular shelving that another friend of mine had given me, and I've since turned it into a bookcase. I've effectively shelved all of the books my friend gave me yesterday, and some I already owned, as well as reorganized the shelf that is on my desk that is no longer stacked in triplicate.

I only wish that the space between the shelves was about another inch and a half to two inches wider so that I could stand books upright, but either way, it still looks pretty and it fits perfectly where I wanted it.  I have a box of DVDs from the same friend who gave me the box of books resting on the floor between the shelves and my desk.  I also cleaned my desk off, and made my space a bit more calm and relaxed and organized. There are still a few more things I want to do for my desk/organization but that requires a bit of money and right now I am sadly broke.

I think that's about all I have to say for now and I hope that you'll all forgive me for my radio silence last week at least here.  I know I had a bunch of stuff in my tumblr queue and that showed up on the facebook page, so I wasn't entirely silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment