Sunday, February 28, 2016

Book of the Week: The Martian by Andy Weir



It's SUNDAY!  You know what that means!  It's time for another Book of the Week...though seriously, do you have any idea how hard it is to pick one fantastic book to feature each week?!  It's insanely hard!  

I cannot believe February is almost over! We have ONE more full day left before we are officially in March....the third month of the year.  Holy crap where has the rest of the year gone?  I mean, it's already passing by so very quickly!  

Anyway, without further adieu, here is this week's Book of the Week! 

The Martian
Andy Weir

This book is absolutely fantastic!  It had me laughing from start to finish.  I love all the characters in this book and I'm actually looking forward to seeing the movie and I really, really hope that they kept in some of my favorite parts! 

Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars.  However, now he's certain he'll be the first person to die there.  A dust storm forced his crew to evacuate, nearly kills Mark.  Well, the storm didn't kill him, and now Mark is stranded on Mars with no way to even send a signal to Earth to let them know he's alive.  Even still, it would be a chance of them getting to him before his supplies ran out...which probably wouldn't happen. 

Though, there is a good chance Mark won't be starving to death.  Nah, damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or just 'human error' is likely to kill him first.  Will his ingenuity, engineering skills, and refusal to quit be enough to keep him alive and overcome the insurmountable odds against him? 

I highly recommend you check this book out, and I'd love to know what you think if you've already read it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment