Friday, February 26, 2016

What's On My Kindle? Unsorted Part 2

A book nerd that doesn't have this problem, is one that I am insanely jealous of.  Just sayin'.

Anyway, it is FRIDAY!  Yes, Friday!  We've survived another week!  You know what that means...time for another edition of What's On My Kindle? Where I share some of the books that I have stored on my kindle to read immediately, or allow them to sit until I forget they are there...only to come across them again when I am floundering for something to read (yeah, true story that).  You all also know that I am INSANELY OCD and organized when it comes to my kindle categories...so without further adieu, I present you this week's What's On My Kindle?

The first book in the HOUSE OF ROYALS series by Keary Taylor.  I snagged this one when it was free, and I'm actually looking forward to reading it.  I might actually add it to March's TBR pile, which I am currently formulating given the fact that we are nearly done with this month already (GASP!) which is absolutely maddening.  Though, it means that my birthday is getting closer (yeah, not sure why I'm excited about that.) ANYWAY, tangent ftw!  Alivia Ryan inherits Conrath plantation, and finds a mansion and staff who look at her with fear in their eyes.  Ian Ward, well, he attempted to kill her when they first met - and then insisted that he train her how to defend herself against the House.  Interested yet? I know I am! 

Another I'd snagged by an author I like and had been wanting to read things by her before. I'd read some short stories, some blurbs on facebook and things like that.  So, when Alpha was free on Kindle, I snagged it.  I'd checked the reviews, and things like that.  So, there are mixed reviews and this book definitely will end up being filed in my erotica section on my Kindle when all is said and done.  However, I'm willing to look over the reviews, and ultimately I will formulate my own opinion of the book and share my review when I ultimately read it.  
Basic premise is this: Floundering under the weight of bills and other financial obligations, girl gets check in the mail for 10k, cashes it.  Another month goes by, another check.  Totaling 120k over the course of a year.  Knock on the door...time to pay her debt...oh, and there were notes on the first three checks reading "You Belong To Me." 

This one, I think I'm saving for a day or so when I need an ugly cry.  Simply because that's what Colleen Hoover's books seem to inspire in me.  That deep, dark, ugly cry that makes you feel weak, empty and broken.  I am not sure I'm ready for that right now, and the fact that this is part one of three and I only own PART ONE is definitely a sign I should get the other two parts before I embark on this journey of emotional chaos.  Also, because this is part one of three...I have a feeling I will want to pitch my Kindle across the room when it ultimately ends because there is a good chance it will be a cliffhanger.  Ugly cry + cliffhanger = things get thrown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment