Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wishlist Wednesday!


With Christmas a short 2 weeks away (16 days not that I'm counting or anything...) the next few Wishlist Wednesdays will feature books that are on my wishlist and may just end up on your wishlist.  A couple of these I wouldn't mind in digital, but there are a couple on this list that I want in physical copy so I can have them in my hot little hands! Let's see if you can guess which ones..


I recently finished this one, on loan from my local library.  HOLY HELL! I am absolutely in love with Stephen King's work and this has once again proven to be a stellar group of stories that I've absolutely fallen in love with. I will not read a single one of these stories after dark or before bed because well, I have enough trouble sleeping.  Twisted dreams inspired by Stephen King's stories, yeah, I'll pass. There was a reason he was not allowed to tell his children bedtime stories.  I highly recommend this anthology, and it is well worth the purchase price! 


Fourth book in The Lunar Chronicles, and I hate to say it I've not read Scarlet yet, and I need to before I even come close to adding this to my current list of books I own.  Either way, I have been looking forward to this book for ages.  To know that this series came out of a National Novel Writing Month work, absolutely blows my mind and continues to provide me with encouragement to actually continue to plug away at my own writing and maybe I'll be awesome like Marissa Meyer. 


This one, previously featured in Rogues edited by George R.R. Martin, and already on my read list has been published recently (last month) as it's own stand alone novella.  I have found that I am hit or miss with Gillian Flynn's work, mainly because I've been left feeling kinda weird after finishing the last two books I've read by her.  However, I actually really, really liked this particular story and would be please to own this one. 


This.  Book.  Makes.  Me.  Happy.  Seriously! The Gods of H.P. Lovecraft! GIVE ME NOW! This anthology releases in TWO DAYS! December 11, the twelve deities of the Lovecraftian mythos are set free in these pages!  

Cthulhu (Adam Nevill) – Yog-Sothoth (Martha Wells) – Azathoth (Laird Barron) – Nyarlathotep (Bentley Little) – Shub-Niggurath (David Liss) – Tsathoggua (Brett Talley) – The Mi-Go (Christopher Golden & James A. Moore) – Night-gaunts (Jonathan Maberry) – Elder Things (Joe Lansdale) – Great Race (Rachel Caine) – Yig (Douglas Wynne) – The Deep Ones (Seanan McGuire).  That line up, it just makes me very happy! Besides, who doesn't love a little Lovecraft with their holidays? 


WORDS.  I NEED TO FIND WORDS. This book, much like the Gods of H.P. Lovecraft, makes me SQUEE like a good little fangirl.  Guillermo Del Toro...*swoon* I'm seriously addicted to this man's work.  His movies.  I've got at least 2 books of his on my wish list, among other things.  Seriously, I will love the person for ever who gets me this book...like not even remotely joking! 



No comments:

Post a Comment