Sunday, September 27, 2015

Book of the Week: 9/27-10/3


Hello lovelies!  Welcome to the start of another week! Another Sunday, which means it's time to share with you this week's book of the week!  This week also heralds the start of my FAVORITE month of the year...OCTOBER!  The month of Halloween...so please refrain from being surprised when my books of the week/book of the month for next month are mostly from the horror genre!  This week's however is not, so worry not readers! 

This week's book is a book that I've recently finished reading and I actually found that I liked quite a bit.  Hopefully you'll like it as well! Without further adieu here is this week's book of the week! 

Stork
Wendy Delsol



First of all, let me just say how absolutely GORGEOUS this cover is!  It is so pretty, so fresh, so white and so delightful to look at.  I've even had a friend say that the cover model looks like a young Tori Spelling, and I'm almost inclined to agree with her. 

This book also comes with a series commitment...yes, it is book one of three! I will be getting the other two books at some point and reading through those.  

Stork is Wendy Delsol's debut novel, and gives a nod to Hans Christian Anderson as well as Norse lore.  Katla LeBlanc has moved from Los Angeles to Minnesota, and soon discovers that she is a Stork.  Part of a mysterious society of women, that is tasked with a very unique and interesting duty.  

This is only part of Katla's struggles as a transplanted teenager, she is still struggling to find her flock at school - and of course boys are involved.  There is Wade, the jock she messed around with and now ignores her, and there is also Jack, the farmboy editor-in-chief at the school newspaper. 

There are things about her life that she doesn't know, things about her past that she isn't entirely aware of.  However, as homecoming approaches, there is something that is discovered that binds her fate to Jack's in a way that neither of them could even begin to fathom.  

I greatly enjoyed this book, and I do hope that you will as well if you get a chance to read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment