Sunday, September 20, 2015

Book of the Week: 9/20-9/26:


Welcome to this week's Book of the Week! I know, I've been a bit lax, however I am slowly clawing my way back into the proper way of things and getting my groove back! The above quote is by far one of my favorite from as many of you know one of my favorite authors.  

I am hoping that this week is a touch less sucky as last week, and I can actually focus on getting things done and properly posted here!  Anyway, that's not the real reason you are here - to hear me ramble and prattle about...you want to know what this week's book of the week is!  Let's get down to it...

All the Bright Places
Jennifer Niven


This.  Book.  Seriously, is one of those that I couldn't put down, I didn't want to put down even as tears streamed down my cheeks.  Yes, I highly give this book a tissue warning, because you will need it.  I've not yet written a review for it, and have not yet decided if I will add a review for it....however, this book has left its mark on my soul and it is not something that will soon be forgotten.  

Theadore Finch is enthralled by death, and thinks of various ways to kill himself.  However, each time something good, something bright happens and it stops him.  

Violet Markey, however, lives for the future.  She dreams of the day when she can leave her Indiana town and the grief caused by her sister's recent death.  

Opposites in many ways, they meet on the belltower, and ultimately begin a project to find the natural wonders of their state.  Who saves who is unclear, however it is only when they are together are they allowed to be themselves, stop counting the days until graduation, and find comfort in the other. 

However, as Violet's world expands, Theodore's shrinks...what happens to them...well you'll have to read and find out. 

I will also toss this book into my trigger warning pile, simply because of the mental health issues that are present within these pages.  This is a book I will read again, when I think I can do so without turning into a sobbing mess (though even with that potential I will still re-read this book as often as I can get it from my local library).  

I highly encourage you to check this book out from your local library, pick it up at your local bookstore, or order it from an online book provider! 


No comments:

Post a Comment