Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's On My Kindle? Series Overload Part One

Welcome to the seventh installment of What's On My Kindle?

What exactly is What's On My Kindle?  This is my own little thing that I am going to be getting out every Sunday.  Within this post I'll list a few of the books that are currently on my TBR list on my Kindle.  Some are freebies (or were when I bought them), and others I paid for with gift cards, or had a few spare bucks to spend on a book.

All of them, I fully intend on getting to, at some point (and taking a massive chisel to my to-read list and hopefully hack it down to under 1000, again).

I have book OCD! I have to have each and every book in a series, and I have to read them in order.  This is how I've always been.  I blame it on my Aunt when she ultimately sent me BOOK FOUR in the <a href="http://www.goodreads.com/series/43943-outlander">Outlander Series</a> when I was sixteen and I got hooked on it, and I think I'm only missing one or two books of the series (and those I have in print).  

One of my big things to do on my Kindle is I have all my series in a specific category, by their series.  Some I have listed by Author because I've only got one book in the series, type of thing or I have multiple books that are in a couple of different series (but not the same series).  

Some are free, some are ones that I'd paid for, and indulged in occasionally when I have the extra money for. 
The series I have on my Kindle right now are: 

1. The Mortal Instruments which was featured in the first edition of What's On Your E-Reader? which can be found here.

2. The Infernal Devices - which is another series by Cassandra Clare and set in the same world as The Mortal Instruments and just as good. The books in this series are: Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess

3. Delirium - which is a three book series by Lauren Oliver.  These books are: Delirium, Pandemonium, Requiem.

4. The Devil's Roses- a five book series by Tara Brown that I'd picked up for free on Amazon.  The books in this series are: Cursed, Bane, Hyde, Witch and Death. 

5. The Hunger Games - one of my favorite dystopian series of all time by Suzanne Collins. The books are Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.  I am desperately looking forward to Catching Fire coming out in theaters in November. 

These are just a small amount of series that I have on my Kindle, there will more than likely be a volume two of this particular topic coming soon! 

For now, what are some of your favorite series? Do you have to have all the books before you can properly enjoy a series? 

1 comment:

  1. Do they have to be electronic copy only? If not, I have (and <3) the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and the House Of Night series. I am just starting the Gor series and there are more packed away somewhere......

    ReplyDelete