Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's On My Kindle? - Vacation Edition

Welcome to the fourth installment of What's On My Kindle?

What exactly is What's On My Kindle? This is my own little thing that I am going to be getting out every Saturday or Sunday (depending on what the evil thing known as RL does to me).  Within this post I'll list a few of the books that are currently on my TBR list on my Kindle.  Some are freebies (or were when I bought them), and others I paid for with gift cards, or had a few spare bucks to spend on a book.

All of them, I fully intend on getting to, at some point (and taking a massive chisel to my to-read list and hopefully hack it down to under 1000, again).

Vacations are wonderful things.  I read some on the bus, almost finished one book, and kicked myself forgetting to transfer one book over (that's been remedied).  I'd created a list of five books that I intend to read and review during my vacation, and so far I am failing horribly!

No, really, I am.

I think I only got about 300 words written on my CampNaNoWriMo manuscript as well, which means that when I get back to the real world I will have to hunker down on all sorts of things.  I blame a good friend as the distraction for all day Friday & most of Saturday, but I've not seen him since he helped me move, so it was a good distraction - pool time and video games and stupid videos on Youtube.  We had  fun.

I however, today, will probably spend a bit of time reading, trying to finish at least one of the books on today's list.

The books that are currently on my Kindle for vacation are:

1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth - This is the second book in the Divergent series and I am seriously in love with this series.  Re-read book one (Divergent) and am nearly done with Insurgent.  I got it in a two book set from the library.

2. Dark Hearts by T. R. Stoddard - T.R. Stoddard is an Indie author who I know personally.  Her stuff is fantastic.  No, seriously.  I adore her to bits. I knew her before she was an awesomely published author!  It's true! This is a dark fantasy book, that will keep your attention through the whole thing.  Highly recommend this and her other works (and if I'm right Dark Hearts is still on sale @ Amazon for $0.99!)

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - This is a fantasy/horror/sci-fi type novel.  This novel has already won two awards, including The Kitschies Nominee for Golden Tentacle (Debut) (2011).  An abandoned orphanage on an island. Jacob is sixteen and his adventure starts after a horrific family tragedy.

4. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler - This book simply because I enjoy creating a TBR reading list from books that have been challenged/banned/etc.  I mean if they are challenged that means that they've got something in them that is right on point and it pisses people off enough to challenge them (or it makes people fear the content in them and thus they are challenged!).

5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This is on my list because it seems like an awesome book (and it is also one of those that I've not read yet on the banned/challenged book lists that I've printed out recently).

That is my vacation reading list, and thus far I've done a rather craptastic job of keeping up with it.  That will change.  I've got all day today to read (the only interruption being BOWLING with my nephew who jut turned 8 yesterday!)


No comments:

Post a Comment