Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Going on an Adventure

*squee*

So, as of tomorrow @ 10 am, I will be out of work for five days.  Why you ask? I am going on a trip, an adventure of sorts as I will be taking a Greyhound bus from Lake City (current residence) to Orlando (previous residence).  I'm going home to see my nephew for his 8th birthday! Woot! I'm also gonna get to spend time with the beagles, inlcuding meeting the new Miss Farrah.  YAY for puppies right?

Well, I also will have some books with me, because I'm NOT going on a five hour bus trip without READING MATERIAL.  I may be a bit crazy, but I'm not stupid.  I have no intention of being bored for the duration of the trip, and I've pretty much devised a book list to read while I'm on the bus! YAY me.

I will be spending tomorrow (after working a horrid shift of 3am-10am) getting groceries, including snacking foods for me to have on the bus; ensuring that my Kindle, PSP, GBA, camera and cell phone are fully CHARGED.  I will also be packing and triple checking that I have EVERYTHING packed that I will need for this trip. Bus ticket is printed out, purchased by my mom, who I adore.  So, yeah, gonna be awesome.

VACATION READS
JULY 4-8 2013

  1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
    if I've not finished it before I leave
    Review to come
  2. Dark Hearts by T. R. Stoddard
    Review definitely to come
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
    Review to come
  4. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
    Review to come
  5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
    Review to come
So, other exciting news, I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, and will probably be working on my manuscript a little while I am on vacation.  So, we will see how my word count grows while I am away, or if I will be chasing my tail to catch up when I finally make it home and have to force myself back into the swing of things.

Anyway!

I am in a good mood, despite the fact that I think it is now pouring outside and I will be walking home in the rain in about fifteen minutes. Anyway! Time to sort things into proper categories on my Kindle and get ready to head home from the library.

<3
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment