Monday, January 1, 2018

Meal Prep Monday #1

Alright, so this is by far one of the newest things for me.  I've not done a meal prep anything since July of last year when I'd done some quesadillas for while I was housesitting at my parents.  This year, as part of my personal health and wellness goals, I am intending on eating out less, eating more balanced meals and snacks while I am at work and at home.  Since most of my days begin at 0430am and I don't get home until after 1900, I need things that will keep my energy levels up and ensure that I am eating enough of a balanced meal to meet caloric intake as well as nutritional intake. 

This week I am prepping for 5 days minimum, since that is how many days I am usually out of the house.  I am attempting to ensure that I have enough healthy snacks as well as meals throughout the day.  I will be purchasing some meal prep containers to use throughout the week, that provide sections for balanced meals, I will be including links to my favorite recipes as well as items that I've purchased to further aid me on this healthier journey including vitamins and things of that nature.

For the coming week, I will be alternating with two different meals - a small portion of spaghetti with either a simple red sauce or a bit of olive oil and minced garlic tossed with some chicken, sautéed green beans, and a lemon herb quinoa with chicken and sautéed sweet corn. 

This will be four days, and the fifth day will be something simple, or probably leftovers from the night before.  This will round out the five days that I need a major meal for at work, since most of my days are exceptionally long.  I will also be ensuring that I have some snacks and fruits as well as my meals. There is a very good chance that I will probably be start making some overnight oats as well so I have something hearty in the morning that will provide me with an adequate amount of energy throughout the day.  There may or may not also be some smoothie bowls added to the mix as well...when I can use the blender without fear of waking everyone in the house up.

I will be tracking some of my meals and things in my bullet journal, and depending on various things, I will either end up making my meal prep ideas their own spread or continue to have them listed on my weekly spreads.  It all depends on how things go, and what best suits my organizational needs.

There will also be a video accompanying this topic over on my youtube channel, so look for that on Mondays.  I will also be including the recipes for certain things here on the blog and probably in the description box when I upload the videos.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments please feel free to leave them below!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment