Thursday, January 4, 2018

Breaking the Silence

I know I had a few posts go live on the 1st of the year, and since then I've not had anything go live.  That is for a couple of reasons, the biggest of which is that I am currently still in shock over the callousness of the Logan Paul video (thankfully, it has been removed) which depicted a body...specifically a suicide victim in the forest known as the "Suicide Forest" in Japan.  The man had hung himself, even though most of the man was blurred out, it was still used in the thumbnail and it was still shown within the content of the video.  This is not something that should be done, the stats on that video, before it had been taken down was something like 6 million views and so many likes.  

I suffer from depression, I have had suicidal thoughts, I have considered ending my life many, many times.  It is the reason I have my semi-colon tattoo, that I got it for my birthday last year.  It is why I will always have my door open to anyone who is struggling with suicidal thoughts, depression, or just need someone to talk to.  I may not have my own issues situated, but I am always willing to be an ear, a shoulder, a presence in someone else's life if it is needed.  I cannot say it enough, I cannot express it enough.  Suicide should never be an option when there is ALWAYS someone who is willing to listen, always willing to help in at least some small way.  Please do not think that suicide is the only option that you have. 

Mental health is something that should not carry the stigma that it does in today's society, it should be treated just like any other illness not negated or diminished just because the symptoms are not always physically manifested.  This is a topic that is near to my heart and the callousness that was shown by Logan Paul and his team, further solidified my decision that he is not a creator that I have the desire to watch, now or ever.  

Please, if you are having suicidal thoughts, or just need someone to talk to leave a comment here, send me an email, DM me on Instagram or Twitter, just don't close yourself off when you have someone who is willing to listen, willing to help, and more importantly willing to keep you here where you can make the most difference. You are loved.  You are cherished.  You matter. 

I am also including links as well as contact information for the Suicide Prevention Lifeline...

https://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
1-800-273-8255


No comments:

Post a Comment