Sunday, October 27, 2013

Book of the Month: October

Book of the Month is a new series here at Confessions of a Bibliophile, and I will be sharing with you my favorite book that I'd read this month, or the favorite new release that I am lusting after and desperately want on my bookshelf. 




For the Month of October, the book is Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities.  This book is perfect for any del Toro fan.  With original notes, original journal entries, notes in Spanish and English, and even includes notes from a variety of his films.  

The film notes included in this book are: 


  • Cronos
  • At the Mountains of Maddness (not yet made)
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Mephisto's Bridge
  • Mimic
  • The Devil's Backbone
  • Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
  • Blade 2
  • Hellboy
  • Hellboy 2
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Pacific Rim
I have seen most of these, and I loved this year's The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror XXIV, which the opening was done by Guillermo del Toro, and I managed to catch each and every one of the horror movie/show references in the opening.  The Pan's Labyrinth references were some of my favorites. 

This book releases October 29th and is available through Amazon.com for $36.  It is also available on B&N.com for $36.72.  Both sites are offering the book for free shipping, Amazon via their Prime membership, and B&N because the order is over $25, and will be free if it ships in the US. 

No comments:

Post a Comment