Friday, September 27, 2013

Guest Blogger: Sara Ray McPark

So, y'all, I asked the FANTASTIC Kristin Flynn, author of Good Night, Morning to provide me with a very special guest post for you all.  If you've read Good Night, Morning, then you know who Sara Ray McPark is.  If you've not yet read this book by this fantastic author - you really and truly should.  My review will be coming up in the next couple of weeks rest assured.  I challenged Kristin with this post and that makes me smile.  So, without further ado, I provide you with a guest post by Miss Sara Ray McPark.

******************************

Most people make fun of southern girls. I frankly, love being one. I grew up with my grandparents in my life, saw them on a constant basis and I think I am a better person because of it. Granted I have a case of thunder thighs because of all the fried chicken and cobler, but I got an early lesson on what a day of hard work is really worth.
Now, love is something my family was never afraid or ashamed of. I still kiss my parents goodbye and goodnight. My grandparents too. I'm just in my second semester of my freshman year in college, and the adjustment has been hard. Have you ever seen that show "How I Met Your Mother?" That describes my childhood perfectly, but it was my grandfather telling me the story about how he met my grandmother. My parent's aren't as open as Grandpa James is, but they do try - bless their hearts.
I'm in a new relationship myself, and my amazing Grandpa wrote the whole story down for me to show me some guidance on how to nurture a new relationship and there's nothing more wise about going about things like that than a good ol' country boy.
Grandpa showed me from a young age how a woman is to be treated and I won't settle for any less than what I deserve. Some of these other girls I see here at school don't understand their worth and that there are amazing guys out there. I have proof, look at Grandpa!
Ladies - please respect yourselves and be with a man who treats you better than you treat yourself. You deserve than and nothing less. If you don't believe me, come back to Cape Holly with me and sit down with Grandpa James. He will teach you a thing or two. Oh, and bring an appetite because Grandma Kate throws it down in the kitchen with some fried chicken and cobler! Let's just visit anyways - I'm getting hungry!
Sara Ray McPark.

No comments:

Post a Comment