Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bibliophile Wish List

Alright! Starting a new weekly series that will be a showcase of newly released/soon to be released books that I absolutely positively want to add to my collection in either e-book format or physical format (because I adore both and I love having a bookcase full of spectacular books)!

One of these I actually have in galley form that I  have not gotten a chance to read (because I've been horribly backlogged so technically it -shouldn't- be on the wish list, but I'm putting it on there anyway)!


Maggie Stiefvater has released the second book in the Raven Boys series, and while I have a galley copy of this (which I will be reading very, very soon).  I will own a copy of it for my virtual shelf and possibly for my physical shelf I've not decided yet, and that requires having a book budget (which I am currently lacking at the moment).

This continues where The Raven Boys left off, and the leylines are woken, and things will never be the same for our boys.  Especially with some very sinister people are looking for the same puzzle pieces that Gansey is looking for.  Gonna be an intriguing read.  I will probably ultimately finish it in a couple of days much like I did the first book in this series.


I've been long awaiting Sherry Thomas' The Burning Sky for some time now, and now that it is here I will have it.  I must have it.  Look at that COVER! Seriously?! How could this NOT look good on a book shelf? All firey and epicly awesome! I will have it, and right now, you can get it in physical copy on Kindle for $8.89 US, which is so not in my budget right now - given that my paycheck sucked.  But, hopefully at some point this year I will get more amazon gift cards and I will get some of the books I've been lusting after!

Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she's being told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the greatest mage tyrant the world has ever known. A suicih.de task for anyone let alone a sixteen-year-old girl with no training, facing a prophecy that foretells a fiery clash to the death.


Origin by Jessica Khoury is a retelling of the age old desire: to live forever, no matter the cost.  Released yesterday, this is the second full length novel release by Jessica Khoury.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy at some point in the very near future because it is one that I've been waiting for. The cover is phenomenal and I have severe lust for this cover.  I mean really? Isn't it just gorgeous? 

Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home--and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.


Freak by Marcella Pixley has been on my wish list for a little while now, and it is finally here.  It will ultimately make its way onto my bookshelf, virtual or otherwise, rest assured.  I intend on getting each and every book on this list at some point in the future (it may take a while but they'll be there).  I love the cover for this book, with the lone purple duck whose reflection is that of a beautiful swan, while all the other black ducks are conforming to the natural order of things.

For Miriam Fisher, a budding poet who reads the Oxford English Dictionary for fun, seventh grade is a year etched in her memory “clear as pain.” That’s the year her older sister, Deborah, once her best buddy and fellow “alien,” bloomed like a beautiful flower and joined the high school in-crowd. That’s the year high school senior Artie Rosenberg, the “hottest guy in the drama club” and, Miriam thinks, her soul mate, comes to live with Miriam’s family. And that’s the year the popular “watermelon girls” turn up the heat in their cruel harassment of Miriam—ripping her life wide open in shocking, unexpected ways. Teased and taunted in school, Miriam is pushed toward breaking, until, in a gripping climax, she finds the inner strength to prove she’s a force to be reckoned with.

What new books are on your wish list? Share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment