Sunday, August 18, 2013

What's On My Kindle? Pass The Tissues Please

Welcome to the tenth installment of What's On My Kindle?
What exactly is What's On My Kindle?  This is my own little thing that I am going to be getting out every Sunday.  Within this post I'll list a few of the books that are currently on my TBR list on my Kindle.  Some are freebies (or were when I bought them), and others I paid for with gift cards, or had a few spare bucks to spend on a book.

All of them, I fully intend on getting to, at some point (and taking a massive chisel to my to-read list and hopefully hack it down to under 1000, again).

There are books that tend to make us cry, it can be anything from a stirring romantic scene to the death of a favorite character (DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON SONG OF FIRE AND ICE).   One of my favorite authors for books that are constant tear-jerkers is John Greene.  I've also been known to cry during other books, and I will list some of my favorite go to tear-jerkers and those books that have potential on my TBR pile on my Kindle, to make me cry.  All blurbs and images are taken from the book's page on Goodreads.


Paper Towns by John Green - This book is most usually classified as Young Adult, Teen Romance, Mystery, and even Realistic Fiction.  It is currently on my TBR pile, because it is not one that I've gotten to yet, but it will definitely be completed by the end of the year, because I can't go more than a few months without getting a John Green fix.

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.


Looking for Alaska by John Green - This book is a difinative coming of age book, written by John Green, and you may or may not need the tissues or this one, but it strikes all of us to the core at some point through out the story.  Life for Miles Halter, when he begin attending a boarding school becomes something completely different than what it had been, one continuous nonevent.  I've read this one and I continually go back to it, because it is by far one of my favorites.

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
After. Nothing is ever the same.




The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This book will make you cry.  You will need the box of tissues to get through this one.  It is by far one of my favorites, by far one of the books that I will always turn to when I need the cleansing of a good cry from a book. My review can be found here at the original incarnation of my review blog.

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment