Thursday, October 8, 2015

Halloween Countdown: 23 Days


Okay, so yesterday I shared with you some of my favorite Stephen King books.  Today, I'm going to share with you a glimmer into one of my favorite Halloween movies.  This, is one of my favorites and it isn't entirely one that is all that scary, but it's one that I watch repeatedly watch much to the annoyance of the people that I live with.  However, I don't have a copy of it anymore, and I'll have to remedy that! 


This is probably right here on the top of my list a far as Halloween movies go! The soundtrack, the story...ALL OF IT! Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler, and Kathy Najimy are my absolute fave trio of witches!  That and Thackery grew up to become Timothy McGee on NCIS! 


Bette Midler's version of "I Put a Spell On You" is by far one of my favorite versions of this song from the movie!  I can't help but dance in my seat and sing along when it comes on! Decidedly love it, and gets me in the spirit of Halloween even more! 


This song was written specifically for the movie and having Sarah sing it is something that makes it even creepier because of the haunting quality of her voice.  It sends shivers through my spine, hearing this haunting call to summon the children to become sacrifices to ensure that the Sanderson sisters can stay alive beyond that single Halloween night. 


Thackery Binks has some spunk and unfortunately that is what gets him in the most trouble! However, the spell is so fun to hear, and I have no desire to piss off the Sanderson sisters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment