Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bibliophile's Wish List: 11.3.13


So many books coming out this week, I've chosen a select few that I desperately wish to add to my bookshelves!  They all look like so much fun!


Yes! Book three in Marie Lu's Legend series is coming out this week...and I CANNOT WAIT!! Desperately want this book.  I've read the other two books in the series - and will be re-reading them as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of this book.  Really, really.  This series has captivated me from the start, and I look forward to seeing how this next and final installment plays out. This is by far one of my favorite trilogies, and is right up there on my list with Divergent, Hunger Games, and Matched. 


This book caught my attention a few weeks ago, when I was looking for something new and interesting to capture my attention.  This book did it.  I love the concept, Ryan is from the future, and has come back to save the world.  Eden's friend Connor is soon to discover a planet that can support human habitation, after the girl of his dreams breaks his heart.  Connor's discovery will bring him fame but it will also bring about the ruin of the world as we know it.  Eden's falling for Ryan - will she break Connor's heart and bring about the ruin of the world or will she somehow manage to save it?  I am definitely looking forward to this and will be getting it as soon as I can.


The concept of this new release from Penguin USA is definitely one that caught my attention.  The tension in this book is going to no doubt capture my attention and keep me riveted throughout the story.  Mara Holdfast, the daughter of Autarch's Master Maskmaker, is reaching her fifteenth birthday and ultimately her Masking and becoming recognized as an adult.  As an adult she would have to wear the magically infused mask marking her profession, become her father's apprentice and be gifted with the same magical abilities of her father.  However, on the day of her Masking ceremony things go horribly, horribly awry.  Mara's mask, which like all the others can reveal traitorous thoughts, marks her as a traitor and she is soon swept away and she is carted off to be a slave in the mines until she dies.  What fate truly awaits Mara?


Nick and Tesla's High-Voltage Danger Lab is definitely a book for the scientific minded - or someone looking for a cute story.  Nick and Tesla are 11-year-old siblings who love science and have a tendancy to get in trouble.  Living with their Uncle Newt after their parents mysteriously disappear, they are embarking on their own adventures with MacGyverish contraptions!   Each story contains blueprints for five different projects! In this story, we meet them and also learn how to make things like rocket launchers and soda-powered vehicles...it makes science fun and perhaps dangerous!


Just the concept of this book makes me giggle like a mad woman.  There are over 100 fairy tales that have been reimagined and reillustrated for today's world.  We get to see our favorite fairy tale characters try dating and navigating their way through the 21st century.  Some of our favorite fairy tale characters using things like: Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc.  Instead of fairy godmothers we have Siri, and Godilocks has gone gluten free! What manner of other things will we see reimagined in this book?  Definitely got to get it, add it to my shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment