Saturday, April 30, 2016

April: Return from Radio Silence


Hello Sweeties! 

Forgive me for abandoning you for a month and a half.  Things have been rather hectic and not all the best for me the last month and change.  A depression spiral, and my slow, perpetual return to the light has been a struggle.  However, I am back, not fully into the light, but better than I have been the last few weeks.  This month's reading has been slim, but otherwise decent reads.  


WHAT I'VE READ:

  1. American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
  2. Locked Inside by Annette Mori
  3. Slathbog's Gold (Adventurer's Wanted #1) by M.L. Forman
  4. Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
  5. Independent Study (The Testing #2) by Joelle Charbonneau
  6. Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo

Beyond that, the month has been fairly calm aside from various little things that rear their ugly head to simply drive me absolutely crazy.  My hope, my sincere hope, is that with me now bullet journalling, and forcing myself to keep better track of things I will stop allowing the things that I love to be set aside in favor of staring at the screen and doing nothing.  

My intent over the coming months is to turn the months that remain in 2016 into something to be positive about.  

I don't have much more to include in this update, because life has been just that boring and nothing of importance has happened (aside from my trip to St. Augustine earlier this month....during which I bought 3 books). 

APRIL'S BOOK HAUL

Covet by J.R. Ward
Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Rabbit at Rest by John Updike

And, with that I'll leave you for the month of April! 

Bring on May!


No comments:

Post a Comment