Sunday, December 8, 2013

Review: Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz



Title: Witches of East End
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Format: E-book (Kindle)
Date Read: December 5-7, 2013
Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Maybe

Summary: The three Beauchamp women--Joanna and her daughters Freya and Ingrid, live in North Hampton, out on the tip of Long Island. Their beautiful, mist-shrouded town seems almost stuck in time, and all three women lead seemingly quiet, uneventful existences. But they are harboring a mighty secret--they are powerful witches banned from using their magic. Joanna can resurrect people from the dead and heal the most serious of injuries. Ingrid, her bookish daughter, has the ability to predict the future and weave knots that can solve anything from infertility to infidelity. And finally, there's Freya, the wild child, who has a charm or a potion that can cure most any heartache.

Review: 
Okay, so I've become addicted to the television show based on this book.  I am, however not a fan of this book.  It took me a bit to get into it, but ultimately I did end up finishing it in about a day and a half or so (minus a few hours of probably much needed sleep).  I much prefer some of the nuisances of the television show, and definitely prefer the characters as they are portrayed on the television show better than they are portrayed in print - which is ABSOLUTELY something that is unheard of coming from me. 

I do like the characters, don't get me wrong, I just prefer the versions of the characters from the -television- show rather than those exposed in print. Lynch me if you must! 

No comments:

Post a Comment