Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: Shatter Me



Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Format: Ebook (Kindle)
Pages: 338
Date(s) Read: June 29-30, 2015
Rating: 5

Summary: 
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in 264 days.  The last time she did, the Reestablishment locked her up for murder.  Who would worry about a seventeen-year-old girl.  The Reestablishment said that their way was the only way, and so Juliette went into a cell.  Now, so many have died, that the people are whispering war.  Juliette now has a choice....be a weapon or be a warrior. 

Review: 

Okay, honestly, I've not been entirely known to see all the hype in most books.  There have been a few that have easily won the five star mark from me and lived up to the epic amount of hype.  I have read the hype, the amount of fabulous words written about this book and ultimately this series. It has earned some of it. 

There are things that drove me absolutely crazy about the first book, and there are things that I absolutely loved.  The constant strikethroughs of many things was at the absolute top of my maddening list.  Honestly, I think that could have been left out...with the words just left in.  Though, I do understand the visual it gives to the one reading this story and for that I chose to overlook them.  

The character development was interesting.  Getting to know the characters in this story was one of my favorite things.  There are some I love, Kenji and James.  There are some that got on my absolute nerves: Warner, Juliette.  There are some that I am still not entirely sure about: Adam.  

Beyond that, I will definitely be looking over the rest of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment